1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Extr000, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Extr000

Extr000 Thread Starter

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but any help is appreciated.

My computer suddenly froze and after restarting showed a blue screen:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I tried to restart it again but my monitor has repeteadly said 'Cannot find signal'. I have tried it on three different screens and still no luck.

I was told the issue could be fixed by uninstalling any recent hardware or drivers, but I've not installed anything like that for at least 4 months and it has been working fine up until now.

Not sure if the monitor signal and the blue screen issues are related but I'd appreciate any help possible in getting my PC up and running again.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you get into the BIOS (or Setup) and does the monitor work there?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

3. Extr000

Extr000 Thread Starter

Nope, absolutely nothing comes up when I start up the computer. I've tried pushing the keys to get into the bios after starting it up and still no luck.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'd figure that the display adapter has died. Am moving the thread from Windows 7 to Hardware, where you may get better help.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Start by posting your exact hardware specs; ie make and model of mb, brand and wattage of pw supply, brand and speed of ram, etc, etc.

Next have you plugged in a known good monitor OR tested your monitor on a working system to make sure it works?

Post back with info and we can start some basic troubleshooting.

6. Extr000

Extr000 Thread Starter

Tested it with three different monitors which work fine. The VGA cable works as well as I tested it with my laptop.

I can't access the full details but the PC is Acer Aspire M3641, stats from their website below (more or less accurate as far as I remember):

Processor Intel Pentium D 2.2 GHz
    Chipset NVIDIA nForce 630i
    Installed Memory 4 GB (DDR2 SDRAM)
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7
    HDD Size 500 GB
    Optical Drive Type DVD-ROM • DVD Burner • CD-ROM • CD Burner
    Processor Number E2200
    Processor Type Intel Pentium D
    Processor Speed 2.2 GHz
    Processor Manufacturer Intel
    Socket Type Socket LGA775

Not sure if this is what you are asking for with power wattage etc, taken from inside case:

AC input: 220-240V, 3.15A, 50Hz
    DC output: +5V, 16A max

Brand: LiteOn

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, I would start by swapping in a known good pw supply. You have onboard video on that system. It does have a slot for a real video card so if the known good pw supply does not fix the problem, then install a known good video card.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice