1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

irritating little thing about hotmail..can i do anything about it?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ashi, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashi

ashi Thread Starter

when i hit reply to a mail, i get the compose page with the email recpient in the recipient's box, re: in the subject box and the header of the original mail at the top of the page...
    BUT..the original mail only shows up as a message.txt attachment. WHY??

when i'm replying to a mail i WANT to be able to read the original mail while answering it. i don't want to have to open a separate hotmail window and keep going back and forth to read what i'm replying to!! this didn't use to happen before but now, i just can't seem to be able to change the way the original mail shows up. i've tried changing the settings in options but ...:(..doesn't change this particular thing. verrry irritating.

anybody got any ideas why this happens? is it a universal thing? or only something i'm experiencing?

2. abaddonb

abaddonb

go to hotmail-options-reply related settings, and set the first option to 'auto' and the second option to 'begin each line with >', and see if this works... send a test to an alternative email address...

3. hewee

hewee

Can't people use Outlook for homail?
    Maybe that is why some are attachments because they used outlook so the email came from there PC.

Just a guess :)

4. ashi

ashi Thread Starter

i've tried all the settings in options but it doesn't change anything..:(

when i hit the reply button in a mail, the new compose page shows the original mail as a message.txt attachment. when the mail i send thereon is RECEIVED the whole text is visible again and will not be in the form of an attachment.

it wouldn't matter so much except that when u answer mail sometimes u want to read what the other person's written while writing out your reply. that's the only reason why i'd like to change this weird hotmail behaviour. otherwise it hardly matters.

5. hewee

hewee

I know I hate it also ashi. :(

6. slegolfs

slegolfs

sending attacment does not appear on person I'm sending it to

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice