1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Irritating problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cadfael1, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cadfael1

cadfael1 Thread Starter

I am running win98 and when i shut down all goes well until the "windows is shutting down " screen which just hangs there but if i press the enter key the machine shuts down any ideas

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

MS came out with a patch for this many moons ago. If you never had this problem, there was probably never a need for you to download it. Check the MS update site. it's not part of a service pack or critical update, so you'll have to scroll through the optional patches to find it. Even this patch is not 100% effective.

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

The Windows Update site is at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Get all the Critical Updates and Service Packs as well as search through the list for the Win98 Shutdown Patch.

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Which Win98 do you use, Win98 FE or SE?

5. cadfael1

cadfael1 Thread Starter

using win98 FE

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice