Is a wired mouse better suited for a laptop as opposed to wireless?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FuzzyWuzzy

I was just thinking this. Ive been using wireless laptop mice for my laptop for 6 months and sure its great not having to drag the cord around or it pulling your mouse down the desk. But its alot more work than a simple laptop mouse with say a retractable pull out cord. You have to worry about the batteries for one, and your mouse all of a sudden becomes 2 parts - the mouse itself and the USB receiver. Then you have to worry about interference and whether the mouse glides well enough on certain table tops when commuting with the laptop. I just got a mini laptop mouse with a charger and it came with it and AAA NiMH batteries, but im contemplating if its even worth the money, and maybe just go back to the standard wired mouse.

For laptop, a wired mouse, just untangle and plug in, simple as that. Wireless mouse, you have to plug in the USB dongle, turn the mouse on, put mouse pad under neath etc.

pugmug

Banned
I would say you made your own choise for your own reasons.Correct?

Fuzzy,

List 5 things that you have that you are entirely happy with!!!

Take your time. :rolleyes:

I had a compaq pressario 3000 that I bought a infra red opti mouse for.
It was perfect because the wife could watch the tv and I had the lappy on a small table in front of me with the mouse rolling about on the arm rest of my chair.
Forget about mouse pads just don't try to use it on a glass topped table.

Sheer bliss. :)
Wolfey

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online