is anybody familiar with backup exec 12 for sbs and standard NTbackup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PK-her0

well is anybody clued up?

i am getting so confused and having a bit of a nightmare regarding jobs,media, how it works...tried reading the manual but i really dont want to read a 320 page book. i have enough i should be reading...

also whats the deal with the agents for sql exchange etc...when you have the opertunity to select what you want you have these in the menu too. should they be ticked or if they are ticked can they cause problems with a live running database or exchange store.

please help

PK-her0

hi guys,

i attached a file with some selections in my backup exec prog...i read that if youbackup a live database like SQL or exchange it can cause corruption...is this true? i dont know if i should use / tick the selections in the options. we are running an accounting database SQL and exchange 2003...

thanks

Attachments

We use backupexec but when backing up a progress or sql database we run the agents that allow those to be running during the backup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online