1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is anybody familiar with backup exec 12 for sbs and standard NTbackup

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by PK-her0, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

well is anybody clued up?

i am getting so confused and having a bit of a nightmare regarding jobs,media, how it works...tried reading the manual but i really dont want to read a 320 page book. i have enough i should be reading...

also whats the deal with the agents for sql exchange etc...when you have the opertunity to select what you want you have these in the menu too. should they be ticked or if they are ticked can they cause problems with a live running database or exchange store.

please help

2. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

mumbodog? anybody...phantom!!!

3. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

hi guys,

i attached a file with some selections in my backup exec prog...i read that if youbackup a live database like SQL or exchange it can cause corruption...is this true? i dont know if i should use / tick the selections in the options. we are running an accounting database SQL and exchange 2003...

thanks

Attached Files:

4. PK-her0

PK-her0 Thread Starter

nobody using this app?

5. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

6. Pookie

Pookie

We use backupexec but when backing up a progress or sql database we run the agents that allow those to be running during the backup.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice