Is Bitlocker enabled?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brainwave89

Is it possible to determine if Bitlocker is enabled without logging onto a users account in Windows 10?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am not certain I follow the reasoning behind the question
If it is on for any drive then you will not be able to access it without the key
Would it be possible for you to explain a little more about what you are trying to achive
I cannot decide why you would need to check - without logging onto a user account

I have a feeling that this question on this topic is related to your previous topic
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-clear-the-bios-on-samsung-laptop.1231379/#post-9627086

Please clarify the situation

brainwave89

Thank you Macboatmaster. It fortunately isn't related to my previous question. A family friend recently died in a motorcycle accident. The deceased brother-in-law has asked me to determine if any additional security such as Bitlocker is enabled on his laptop since he doesn't know the laptop password.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well if he does not know the password then he cannot check
Although you do not need to log in to a particular users account you need to log in.

Then in a cmd prompt with admin rights you type

manage-bde -status
that returns the status of all drives on the computer in relation to encryption.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online