Is ccleaner safe?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DimwittedNoob

I might just be my computer but when using ccleaner my computer becomes slow and like on cer tain flash sites there video's are blank.This lasted a week, weird.

My computer club highly recommends using CCleaner. I've been using it for a couple of years and have found no problems.

valis

Yes it's safe. Just don't use the registry cleaner function and you'll be fine.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
I have never found any use for CCleaner. Most of what it deletes can be deleted manually, if really needed. Most importantly, stay away from the registry cleaning option.

I have little use for registry cleaners, but run CCleaner's once in a while. It must be pretty benign as it usually finds no issues at all.

DimwittedNoob

No tools is advised to use(from my personal experience)
i use many tools such a few things listed below.
1.ccleaner
2.registry cleaner
3.registry repair
4.regpro
5.tune up utilities
6.pc pro
7.system doctor
8.pc cleaner
9.pc booster
10.advanced system care

but it didn't helped me.their main purpose is to develop pc but instead it destroys it.it caused many problems to my system even though i got it from a very trusted source. So please dont use anything except system tools by your default windows os
I have been using my default windows cleaner but it doesn't clean much (it might be the virus) the only reason I am uing ccleaner is because my diskspace keeps dropping due to my virus.What is the best settings for ccleaner?what should and would shouldn't I check or uncheck? I won't use the registry part, I remember using the registry part when I had windows 98, big mistake.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online