1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is ccleaner safe?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DimwittedNoob, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DimwittedNoob

DimwittedNoob Thread Starter

I might just be my computer but when using ccleaner my computer becomes slow and like on cer tain flash sites there video's are blank.This lasted a week, weird.

2. phyljack1

phyljack1

My computer club highly recommends using CCleaner. I've been using it for a couple of years and have found no problems.

3. valis

valis Moderator

Yes it's safe. Just don't use the registry cleaner function and you'll be fine.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I have never found any use for CCleaner. Most of what it deletes can be deleted manually, if really needed. Most importantly, stay away from the registry cleaning option.

5. iRiguez

iRiguez

It is an outstanding program.

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I have little use for registry cleaners, but run CCleaner's once in a while. It must be pretty benign as it usually finds no issues at all.

7. DimwittedNoob

Thank you everyone.

8. valis

valis Moderator

if you wish to make a doorstop. :)

9. DimwittedNoob

I have been using my default windows cleaner but it doesn't clean much (it might be the virus) the only reason I am uing ccleaner is because my diskspace keeps dropping due to my virus.What is the best settings for ccleaner?what should and would shouldn't I check or uncheck? I won't use the registry part, I remember using the registry part when I had windows 98, big mistake.

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I would suggest getting rid of the virus.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025471