1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is Copernic the best research tool ?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by keyz, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keyz

keyz Thread Starter

I am deliberating justification of the expense of upgrading to costware to do internet research and would like some feedback from the experts…

I have been getting by with Search Bar Pro freeware (setup with multiple clustering search engines such as Vivisimo, iboogie, DMOZ, Zerx, InfoNetWare, etc.) for quick, short term analysis. For more extensive long term research, I employ Copernic Agent Basic freeware. I did try out Grokker on a trial basis and although I was very impressed with its time-saving graphical clustering results and would very much like to have the pro version for a complementary search tool, I am not able to justify the $ for it.

My quandary at this point is whether or not there are other research tools that fall into the Copernic category. No, I have not done my homework on this, as I am not even sure what would be good keywords to use in researching it and consequently might well miss something significant, so I am hoping that someone here already has all the answers on this subject and can point me in the right direction… Thanx in advance!

NOTE: for anyone still using Google to do research, I would suggest that you try the search bar pro freeware as outlined above - it’s floating toolbar parks out of the way over the top border of your browser and can be configured for search engines of your choosing and is pretty darned handy for getting a quick cross section of engines that provide differing results. Haven’t seen anything better that is free, but I don’t know everything and am always eager to learn about other approaches that might be better…

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I haven't tested out too many other search programs but have been very pleased with Copernic.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!