Is drive image software useful?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larrycleve

I made two backups of my hard drive using v2i protector with a removable hard drive. The problem was when trying to restore a game,Links 2003, after the restore the game wouldn't start. Someone on their forum said that the game won't work from a restore, only a reinstall from the cd. I suppose drive image software is good for restoring winxp without having to go through activation but I wonder how many other programs won't work from the restore. Now I see v2i was bought by symantec and they're pushing ghost 9.0. Would it be worth buying this?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
I cannot see why it shouldn't work from a restore - providing it is a full restore (including the registry) and not just the particular program folder.
Ghost was good, but it doesn't do anything that the others don't do. A lot of people are moving away from Ghost since Symantec started mucking around with it. I now use Paragon drive backup as well as an OLD version of Ghost.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online