1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is driveragent worth the price?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by aob, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aob

aob glenn Thread Starter

Saw a write-up about driveragent from TouchStone. Has anyone out there used it? Is it worth the price? I am looking for an easy method of keeping my drivers updated.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

IMO, it's a waste of money. All you'll accomplish by constantly upgrading all the drivers to the latest versions is potential headaches. If the system is running fine, why upgrade the drivers? Frequently, the "latest" driver causes new issues, do you really want to beta test them?

3. aob

aob glenn Thread Starter

I ask because I have often been told that sometimes when hardware does not work properly, it is because I do not have the latest driver. I do not have any problems at the moment, that I am aware of. So, you are say, if it is not broke, do not fix it?

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi aob,

Yes, that's about it - if its not broke, don't try to fix it. Also, why pay for driveragent when they give you a free scan of your system from the website. Therefore, after you have isolated the problem to a driver problem, that would be the ideal time to visit the website for the free scan. Like John said - a waste of money!

-- Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/453133