1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is Flash Really Obsolete?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shadow000, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadow000

shadow000 Thread Starter

Hi all,

A Noob question, I know. Apologies in advance. :eek:

Wasn't sure who to ask, so I hope you can help.

I am looking at having a Flash-based desktop application made for my own personal use, though could possibly be commercialized for a very small purchase amount, as others in my industry have advised it would be useful to them. (Mac users need AdobeAir, for what I have in mind...)

With the web, and HTML5 etc etc - what implications does this have for users of Desktop programs that solely use Flash (although uncommon)?

So we won't use Flash on web anymore, but will we/can we continue to use it in a desktop environment?

Many thanks

2. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    Adobe Flash Player is used to view lots of videos on the internet. You cannot view youtube videos without it.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Unless...

First, go HERE.

Click on Join the HTML5 Trial.

Then, go to the following address:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=%s&webm=1

You'll now have a list of HTML5 videos. While playing a video, you can right-click inside of it, and you should notice HTML5.

Unfortunately, only a limited amount of videos are available in HTML5, for now.

4. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    You can use HTML5 to view videos? Never heard of it. My apologies on providing an incorrect statement. Can you explain more about this HTML5? I know what HTML is, but not sure how you could view a video this way.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I'm not an expert on HTML5, but you can read more:

HTML5 Video

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice