1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Is gmail.com blocking some of my emails?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by shellal, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shellal

shellal Thread Starter

Hi all, have changed my email to gmail.com so I do not keep changing my address when I change servers. Some emails that I am expecting are not arriving. Ebay always send an email after you order and they always come through straight away, placed 2 orders but no emails. Some sites are sending an email when I order. Does anyone know how I fix this assuming it is the gmail.com account.
    Thank you
    Michelle Mead

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3794 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1942 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (279 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASRock, H71M-DGS
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What do you mean by "have changed my email to gmail.com so I do not keep changing my address when I change servers"?

3. shellal

shellal Thread Starter

Hi Dave, thank you for your fast response. At the moment I am with trinity telecom so my email is @trinitytelecom.net.au. I will be moving next year and the area I am moving to does not have trinity telecom. I have been told that if I change my email to gmail which it is now "@gmail.com" when I move I can keep this email rather than having to change it to whatever server I find where I am moving to and in the future if I find a better deal I can keep using the same email, as I am sure you are aware how time consuming it is changing not so much my contacts but all the sites that I receive emails from and ones that I buy from.
    Kind regards
    Michelle

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
  4. shellal

shellal Thread Starter

Should I also mention I use outlook.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have edited you post and removed part of the address,otherwise you will be getting a load of spam

so on Ebay , you have changed the settings , so that ebay knows you by the new gmail.com email address
    is that correct ?
    i cant remember on ebay - you may be sent a verification email to confirm the change which you have to click on

check the spam/junk folder on gmail - make sure its not going into that folder

ebay will works fine with gmail

And you are correct in what you are saying re changing email servers , i always recommend people use an alternative emaill to the ISP one as their main email address as often you can lose the email, i know virginmedia in the UK allow 90days after cancellation of the contract

6. shellal

shellal Thread Starter

Hi again, yes I am now using an alternative to my ISP. Just now went into outlook and all the emails that were in gmail website have now come through into outlook. Don't know what is going on but shall mark this now as solved.
    Thank you for all your help.
    Kind regards
    Michelle

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!