1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is Google out to help us?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DarqueMist, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarqueMist

DarqueMist Thread Starter

I was just on tweakguides and noticed an article stating that

"Google Warns On Unsafe Websites
    7 August 2006

Google has taken to Warning Users of its search engine if they click on a link which leads to a site with known malware. A warning popup will appear stating 'The site you are about to visit may harm your computer'. To find out more about this, and to safely see an example of the popup, go to Stopbadware.org. I think this is a good idea - far too many sites intentionally harbor spyware and even serious malware."

Has anyone else heard if this is true? If so I think google is owed a resounding thank you from us all.

[edit] just noticed it on the BBC website as well :D

Google warns on 'unsafe' websites

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice