1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is Hard Drive failing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jruru, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jruru

Jruru Thread Starter

Hello, my first disk i have been using for about 7 years had finally came to its end today, when it corrupted everything and slowed at starting/stopping. Now My secondary disk which I was using for 3 years, and it only had 9gb in use (it had 1tb space) I switched it as my primary since I am near bankruptcy (usually happens at the end of month), my money will come in 13th, and i have alot of work to do in my computer (part time jobs + gaming) after switching to secondary (all data was saved in usb & web cloud) I had a message coming that this disk can fail at any time, It didn't showed any signs of death yesterday, also today it slowed like hell it took like 15min to shut down. Nothing was corrupted. Is it just because I am using it for alot of time and it had like 2 folders for 2 years and did nothing else. ATM it is working great & fast but I am worried if it suddenly turns upside down!
    Thank you!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Time to backup your data. If it is SMART that issued the hard drive warning, you better listen to it - it is never wrong.

3. Jruru

Jruru Thread Starter

Smart did not issue any drive warning. But how can a seconedary drive, idle for 1 year and healthy & working yesterday get corrupt so easily.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Bad sectors develop by themselves over time. I guess it has to do with the magnetic coating.

5. Jruru

Jruru Thread Starter

I think google might freeze any time because stuff is now slowing doing suddenly.

6. Jruru

Jruru Thread Starter

Ok now i think I did something very wrong.
    I will link you up everything:
    May 15th Window 10 permission corrupted - Bought win7 and done
    May 25th PC alerts me that my disk can die at any time (Not SMART)
    May 26th I BACKUP
    June 2nd Primary disk fails after the pc does one chkdsk while i was showering (probably win7 corrupt it folder itself)
    June 3rd Primary reinstalled
    June 3rd Not chkdsk but folders corrupt themselves after a blackout
    June 4th Disconnect Primary, Installed secondary.
    Ok so now I think SECONDARY disk is only using the power of the amount the USB which i connected to install is giving or smething related. When i disconnected the usb today the PC didn't found any hard disk but then when I put it back it found my disk. (USB can't be used as disk cuz my disk space is 900gb)
    Is it my problem, both the disk are dead? Or is it just something else.
    Pls respond fast cant open any game atm SLOW & dead

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice