1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it a scam or not?!? I can't tell anymore!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dirkraft, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dirkraft

dirkraft Thread Starter

So I've been seeing this Get Rich Quick Scheme flying all over the place. I searched "The Net" for about an hour searching for some indication that it is a scam and haven't been able to find out. If you Yahoo search this string with the quotes around it "After all, we could all use some extra income, no matter what we do! How does $20,000 in two weeks sound?" you get tons of pages referring to this Get Rich Quick Scheme.
    Click here to show the first search.
    Click here to show the second search.

You can't search for "PayPal Scam" because all kinds of other previous scams show up, and I can't go weeding through them all. I sent a message to PayPal security about it. They replied saying they will be investigating the matter. That was about a month ago, and I haven't heard from them (so I guess they're not going to keep me posted about their investigation :/).

I have no idea whether it's real (though I am still extremely doubtful)!!! But for lack of evidence that it is a scam, I'm posting this here. I know there's a bunch of smart people that might be able to shed some light. The best theories that I could come up with are... scammers are using this elaborate method to collect tons of legit e-mail addresses; or PayPal has set this up to collect enourmous numbers of bank accounts.

Anyways, can anyone direct me to an official page (multiple pages would be better) identifying this particular scam? Or confirm that it does work?

There are slight variations, but each one seems to be built on the same process. Here are some links to the alleged "Get Rich Quick Scheme"...
    http://www.photobuzz.com/_teacher/0000024c.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/shakkira10/
    http://www.caribbeanavenue.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi/couchappeal/forum?cmd=rA&cG=505
    http://www.studysxm.org/_disc1/0000005f.htm

If you skim through the variable parts of each page, you'll see certain things specific to each one (e-mail addresses, the PayPal referrer's credit link); so either tons of people are wasting their time falling for it, or there really are a bunch of people out there making thousands of dollars off this scheme.

Again, I post here, because I need intelligent people to share valuable information.

2. Sponsor

3. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

[tsg=welcome] Welcome to TSG! [/tsg]

If you have to ask, it's a scam! :eek:

4. dirkraft

dirkraft Thread Starter

If it was an obvious scam, I would think, there would be some report of its scam-ful nature. I have found no such report. That's what I'm looking for.

5. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

You're making my head hurt. This is a Ponzi scheme, you send someone some cash, then you send an e-mail out and those people send you cash, and then those poeple send out e-mails, and then the whole world becomes dumber...
    This is a scam, if you are the last person, then you get nothing, but if EVERYONE were to participate, then the first person would become very wealthy. Stuff like this is illegal when it is sent through the mail, so are chain letters, as far as the internet, there may be some provisions depending on federal law and interstate communication, i.e. modem, dsl, etc.
    The easiest way to put it is this, unless you win the lottery or marry a rich old person and they keel over quickly, then you will have to work like the rest of us.
    Now, I do have some property if you are interested...

6. madeye

madeye

Its definatly pretty interesting, not sure exactly how it works after reading it but I kind of got some ideas on why its a scam.

Paypal will pay anyone who refers someone to sign up for paypal 5.00 if im not mistaken, so this guy sending this message could care less about you making your money but if you sent out 20 of them to friends and they all click on his link which is an automatic referall for him he gets 100 dollars! mass mailing 20k easy.

You might seriously be able to make money doing what it says somewhere along the line, but if anythings its just a pyramid scheme, I mean how can everyone win? the money is coming from somewhere its not unlimited so when the scam gets old your not going to get 20 people little alone 2000 people giving you 5 dollars.

Also my other concern with anything like this is hes asking you to tell him in a reply Please sign me up for your mailing, that opens you up to anything! and dealing with a paypal account you dont know if somewhere in the fine print it says that his mailing is going to cost you money to subscribe, who knows!?

I dont sign up for anything unless its something I search out. Trust me it aint worth the risk even if it is legit, theres too much about it that says its wrong.

7. joe2cool

joe2cool

.......... [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. dirkraft

dirkraft Thread Starter

yeah, i think we hit on all of it

It works in the sense that PayPal rewards referrers to its service. All you need to do is somehow convince other people to sign up on your referrer's link. And that persuasion is done by the whole chain letter thing; you tell other people to do what you're doing. I already guessed that it could be a double scheme where one of the aims is to collect e-mail addresses.

I guess it stops when, PayPal stops giving referrer bonuses, PayPal goes bankrupt, people start getting the message numerous times after they've already done it, or everyone gets pissed off that there's no money showing up in their accounts.

I figure, the only people that could be possibly rolling in the dough, are the very first levels of this letter. I'm pretty sure though, if PayPal had seen loads of cash streaming into one account due to referral links, they immediately would have put up some counter policy like a maximum number of referrals.

I think though, if a person is quick about it, they can run with the money so to speak. Looking at PayPal Bonus Policies...

2.ii. Persons Who May Be Referred. You must only refer PayPal to individuals with whom you have a pre-existing personal or business relationship (a "Merchant"). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you must not obtain names for referral from i) group email addresses or ii) email mailing lists. You must not submit yourself for this referral bonus.
    2.iii. No Spamming. We strictly forbid the sending of unsolicited e-mail to numerous recipients ("spamming") and any PayPal user who spams other Internet users for referral bonuses will have his or her account immediately and permanently terminated. See our Anti-Spam Policy for additional information.
    2.iv. Number of Merchant Referral Bonuses. For a limited time, there are no restrictions on the number of Merchant Referral Bonuses you may earn.

That takes care of that scam (2.ii. and 2.iii.). But since it's all electronic, I think it's highly likely that you could pull off the scam, and move your money somewhere else and then PayPal really couldn't do anything about it except stop future occurences. By then, what's it matter to you (part 2.iv.) you've got thousands of referrals.

so that huge complicated message, was just to collect e-mail addresses; since I got the message, that means whoever sent it to me, just gave my e-mail address away to spammers! :mad: It really blows that its so easy for someone else to subscribe your e-mail address to a spamlist. You have to protect an e-mail address just as much as the password you use to get into it.

9. drsmartdo2

drsmartdo2

お金に日本の方法をしなさい!
    潜在的なたくさんのための560 円の投資
    このページをコピーしたり及び貼ったら指示の注意深くそして電子メールにそれ続くか、またはあなたの名前を加えることを忘れていない広告しなさい! 作る何がこの機構の仕事はである: 低い危険率
    560 円は! 月以内の大きい還元金を有することを可能にする非常に高い回答比率常にの無制限の現金背部機会に使うべき低い危険量である! 2014281 円を作るために3 つのステップに次に従いなさい
    始まろう、次に着手されるようにちょうど指示に丁度続き、そして次に次の30 日にわたる現金の巨大な流入のためにあなた自身を準備する! ここにする必要とするものがある。。
    ステップ1
    PayPal のユーザー既にでなければわかりました、は、あなたがする必要がある一番最初の事PayPal リンクを次につけ、署名することである。それはちょうど2 分を取る!

このリンクを使用することを忘れないでいなさいそうすれば自由な首相またはビジネス記述のために署名できる。首相がある必要があるまたはビジネス記述(及びない個人的な記述) 他では人々へからクレジットカードの支払を受け取れない。
    ステップ2
    それは私達が受け取るために与えなければ最初にならない宇宙の明らかな法律である。ビジネスPayPal のあなたの記述を有するときするべきそう最初の事はすぐノートの格言と共にPayPal のあなたの記述からリストの最初のEメールアドレスへ$5 支払を次に送ることである:
    "あなたの郵送のリストに私を" 加えなさい
    これがこのプログラムを法的保つものがであるようにこのノートを加えることは確かがありなさい。支払を送る方法の指示はPaypal の場所での下で"送るお金" をある。それはとても容易! である!
    リストの最初の住所にあなたの560 円の支払を送るとき、雌豚、従って!"収獲するので" のであなたの表面の大きく大きい微笑とのそれをしなさい
    ここに現在のリストはある、
    1. [email protected]
    2. [email protected]
    3. [email protected]
    4. [email protected]
    5. [email protected]
    リストの上でEメールアドレスに560 円の支払を移した後、不気味な何かは非常に起こる。それはシステムの確実性、確信および信念の圧倒の感覚を与える。それをしたので、それが同じを丁度することそこに準備ができている多数の他の人々でなければならないあなた自身にちょうど証明した。従ってこのビジネスが実際に働くこと、あなた自身については今、直接見てしまった!
    ステップ3
    リストの上で住所に560 円の支払を送ったら(あなたのノートと共に- これは非常に重要である! .... リストの皆のためのより有益の結合するあなたを含むより多くの人々を、望んだら) 40 が達するべきよい人数であるがインターネットの自由のためにあなたの下の意見そして人々の量を広告するすべての異なった方法と超過するたくさんかたくさんに湧き出てもよいことを私がしたように少なくとも40 人にそれを(による電子メールメッセージとしてまたはあなたのページの広告、) 送出すのであなたの郵送のリストに私を) 、あなたがこのページの内容のコピーを得るべきであるする必要がある次の事加えなさい(心に留めておきなさい。あなたが送出すコピーは第1 で住所を削除するリストで第5 であなたのEメールアドレスを含んで- リストで、そして動かす位置の上の他を。
    これをする最もよい方法はあなたの家族および友人に電子メールにのりコピーできるであり。コピーし、それを貼り、伝言板等のインターネットに広告を置くことができる。またはコピーし、貼ることによってあなた自身の自由なウェブサイトを、作成できる。あなたがインターネットで造ることができる多くの自由なインターネットのページがある。
    そして大きい広告のための電子メールの場所を、読むためにウェブサイトをかちりと鳴らすように続くべき人々のためのウェブサイトのこのインフォメーションを持っていることの最もよい一部分は支払済のあなたの場所にリンクを掲示できるまたは支払済である。私のようなより多くの人々を得る無数の方法があり、このすばらしいプログラムで含んだ。
    A. ツールバーに窓の上で行き、"編集する" 選べばそれから"すべてを" 選びなさい。
    B. ツールバーに再度行き、"編集する" 選べばそれから"コピーしなさい" 。
    C. (構成しなさい) 新しい電子メールメッセージを始めなさい(平文従って皆は! それを見ることができる) 。
    D. あなたのEメールアドレスおよび従がうラインを記入し、次に主要なメッセージ領域でかちりと鳴らしなさい。
    E. "編集する" 行けば"あなたの新しい電子メールメッセージにテキストを貼るために貼りなさい" 。今あなたによってがほしいどうにかメッセージテキストを編集し、書式作成できる! 但しちょうどあなたの電子メールにそれを受け取る皆によって読まれてほしいのであるのでテキストを去るために、それは最もよい!
    あなたがの確かめる必要がある唯一の事はあなたのEメールアドレスがステップ2 のリストの第5 にあることである。当然第5 であなたのを収容するために、第1 に前にあった住所は位置の上で他のEメールアドレス動くべきである取除かれ。これを正しくした限り、あなたの電子メールは発送の準備ができている! 警告の単語! 位置1 にあなたのEメールアドレスをお金を速く得るために加えるように誘惑されてないはいけない!
    それはそのように働かない! それをすれば、あなたが直接電子メールをに、それからあなたの住所は第1 場所からすぐ取除かれ、送るたくさんの人々に達しない人々に達しただ! しかし、第5 にあなたの名前を加えたら- あなたの名前が第1 点に!! あるときあとで電子メールを受け取り、送っている数万人の人々が文字通り置きなさい、そこにありなさい!
    F. 準備ができたあなたの電子メールメッセージを持っていたら最小電子メールの40 枚のコピーを送出しなさい- しかし民を住まわせるかただ、または答える、または送った人々に提供するかだれがMLM の提供に民を住まわせるために知りなさい。電子メールによるこの手紙そして支払の発送によって、応答時間は非常に速い.......... 電子移動のインターネットは!! 絶食する! それはPayPal のあなたの記述に開始の氾濫にそれらの560 の円の支払のための少数の日しかなぜ運ばないかである! それはそれにそこにすべてあるである! 全プロセスは完了するために約30 分を取るべきである。興奮する得るために準備されなさい.... 失望していない!!! 容易な仕事の30 分は必要のすべて- 資本支出か、切手か、印刷するか、コピーするか、または待っていることでない。
    30 日以内に、2014281 円をPayPal のあなたの記述を通る。実際は、数日第1 の内の560 の円の支払の相当な数を受け取ると期待できる! より多くの現金を必要とする時はいつでもそれを再度使用できるようにあなたの電子メールの金庫のコピーを保ちなさい!
    ここにそれがいかにが働くかある:
    あなたの電子メールを送出す場合、あなたのEメールアドレスはリストの第5 に最初にある。それは深刻なお金をもうけたいと思えばそれがこの段階にであることができる最もよい位置である。このプログラムのための回答比率は後で説明されるいくつかの理由のためのあらゆる典型的な電子メールの販売運動より大いに高い。
    このプログラムに、平均で興味を起こさせられて本当らしい人々にあなたの電子メールを送る限り40 人の人々にあなたの電子メールを送出せば、それらの人々の少なくとも5 が何を丁度すると期待できる。この時間までに、あなたのEメールアドレスはリストの第4 まで動き、このリストは今およそ200 人(40 かける5) に達してしまう。
    それらの200 人から、送出されるそれ以上の千電子メール(40 かける25) およびあなたのEメールアドレスがリストの第3 に上がってしまうようにそれらの少なくとも25 が加わると期待できる。
    それらの1000 人から、ように第2 位置であなたと今送出されるそれ以上の5000 電子メールそれらの少なくとも125 が加わると期待できる
    それらの5000 人から、ように第1 点であなたの住所と送出される25000 電子メールそれらの少なくとも625 が答えると期待できる!
    今、それらの25 人から、それらのおよそ3125 が答えると期待できる。そしてリストの第1 に今あるので、受け取る: 2014281 円に閉めなさい
    あなたの名前はこれから数日間内の第1 位置に当り始める場合そうお金を集めるあなたの回転である! 30 日のコースに、このお金は千数人によってあなたちょうどようにあなた自身かに30 分を投資して喜んでまたは円の多くは送られる- いるかおよそ2014281 円を受け取るためにだれ! 最初の支払は少数の日の内に着き、約30 日間1 日につき約百の支払の率から続ける。あなたのEメールアドレスが数に1 つの位置を残すと同時に時間、支払の容積が衰え始めること後。
    それはあなたがする必要があるすべてである! これから数週間内のPayPal のあなたの記述の待っている560 の円の支払におよそ2014281 円がある。ちょうど30 分の2014281 円は働く! これはあなたがあなたが望む何でもに使うことができる実質のお金である! ちょうどそれをあなた自身の銀行口座に沈殿させるか、またはPayPal のあなたの記述からの直接!! 使いなさい! それは容易!! こと公正である! 私はそれが、そうですね価値があることを考える?
    その上に、上記の例は各関係者が40 電子メールしか送出さないと仮定する。各関係者がちょうど40 の代りに千電子メールを送出したら起こるものが想像しなさい! 私を、多くの人々するこれ及び大いに多くを信じなさい!
    これを考慮しなさい!
    何百万の人々はあらゆる単一日世界中でインターネットを、サーフする! プラスあらゆる月インターネットで得る50,000 人の新しい人々がある! 電子メールによって提供を送る人々はバルクEメールアドレスの優秀な源をに送るために与えることができる。
    またあなたの家族のすべて、友人に電子メールを送出すことができあなたが考えるだれでもに月以内の相当な一時金を作る時間の560 円そしてthiry 分を投資したいと思う。
    このビジネスを絶えず作動させたいと思えば評判が良い郵送のリストの会社からのEメールアドレスのバルクリストを得ることを考慮するべきである。それは私が最後の2 年のビジネスにいかにとどまることをどうにかしてかである! 既に正当な郵送のリストを有すれば、このプログラムはそれを利用する最も有益な方法である。
    たくさんのこのタイプのプログラムを丁度受け取るために予約購読した人々のEメールアドレスOPT の新しいを販売する多くのウェブサイトがある。例えば、訪問: htmail.com 、BusinessMailing.co.uk およびEmail2Success.com 。
    可能性は無限であり、それはとても容易である!
    これは不要郵便物正当な郵送のリストを使用すれば人々へ提供に答えれば、または友人、家族および接触への発送と、または考慮されない。そう、あなたの手紙に今日E-メールを送り、次に次の30 日内の現金の巨大な流入のためにあなた自身を!! 準備しなさい!
    そしてちょうど簡単な電子メールおよび560 円のPayPal 1 つの簡単なトランザクションからのすべて! 実際は、このプログラムにあなたが多分加わることができる他のどのインターネットプログラムもより速い結果そして高い回答比率がある!
    これが正当な商機であること私を、完全に法的儲かる企業保証することを許可しなさい。それは何でも販売するように要求しない。それは(ほしくなければ) 家族または誰でもはあなたの友人に話すように要求しない。実際は、ものは何でもあらゆる人々が付いている接触に入って来る必要はない。脈拍とのだれでも成功を収め、このシステムとの幸運を作ることができる。あらゆる犬は日を過す信じたら、次に着手されるようにそれから簡単で段階的な計画に丁度続きなさい。
    これ及びこのだけすれば、私は次の30 日の中ではPayPal のあなたの記述による2014281 円に受け取ることを保証する。私はあなたがあなたの生命に前に見るかもしれない何もように特に決してこの種類のお金の所有物をの前に持っていなかったら、鳴る私をのこのビジネス仕事ならないこれが非道な要求のように信じなければことを知っている! これは深刻なお金をオンラインにもうけて最も安い、最も速くおよび最も容易な方法- 期間である! ウェブサイトを動かす必要はないまたは電話をかけるか、またはフォトコピーを作るか、または郵便を通して手紙を送出すか、または広告、等の支払をしなさい。
    それであなたの時間の沈殿する少なくとも560 円30 分とのちょうどEメールアドレス、首相またはビジネスPayPal の記述。このプログラムはセットアップするために公正な30 分を取る。その後に、ものは何でも絶対に仕事があなたの部分でするべきない。今までのところでは多くのたくさんの容易な仕事のそれらの30 分からのこれから数週間内の円を得るために、立つ! 絶対に何も失うものはないがこれから数週間内のすばらしい金額を得るために立つ!
    実際は、限界はあなたがこの1 単一ビジネスプログラムから! 発生できる収入の量へない! 事実は簡単である: 少数の千円を実際に速くさせる必要があればこのプログラムはそれをする方法である! それはあなたが加わる最も安く、最も速く、最も容易な、ほとんどのもうかるプログラムである! あなたが必要とするすべてはPayPal の記述およびEメールアドレスである! 失うことを何も及び得るべきすべてを持っていない!

10. js73

js73

Unreadable post # 8

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232258