1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is it absolutely impossible to run a mac os on a pc??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by freecho, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freecho

freecho Thread Starter

Not sure if this is the place to post. If not maybe someone can suggest someplace to post.
    I'm looking at the mac interface and man it looks nice. I know for Mac users they can use virtual pc for Macs to use windows but I don't think that you can use virtual pc for windows to use a Mac OS. I prob would never actually buy a Mac (unless PCs or windows become obsolete).
    Window blinds prob has it so windows can look like the mac but window blinds for some reason do not work on my comp.
    Any suggestions anybody?

2. 0tbyn8r

0tbyn8r

Windowblinds has some nice skins but I find it a bit heavy and buggy. For a Mac-like skin try Aston. I think you can still download it from Majorgeeks.com.
    You'll have to search for the Mac skin, though as it's not standard. Thre's a couple of Mac style skins but one in particualr will give you what you seem to be after. It has the Mac wallpaper and the icons arranged at the bottom which 'morph' the same way the Mac ones do. If I can find which CD I copied it to i'll post it. No promises though as i've just moved house (very messy).
    Otherwise, when you have the program, do a search for Aston skins.
    Hope this helps :)

3. pakiya

pakiya

for the docking programs u need try the program named mobydock and y dock program ,

http://www.mobydock.tk/
    http://www.designtechnika.com/yz/ --> CHeck out the forums of this site

look at this site

http://www.aquaxp.com/download.php

Then if u got some cash , if suggest u try StylesXp or WinStyle(by starkdock, WindowsBlind thingy) , there is a very popular AQUA themem running around the net which u an find easiliy for both the programs , makes your pc looks like MAC .

IF u got some time and need perfection , try litestep , u can modify as per u want , though it needs some major hangbanging i warn or as suggested to u try ASTON ,it's very good too

but try takin the windows challenge , u will get a hang of it man

:)

4. freecho

freecho Thread Starter

sorry guys. I should've been more clear about my question. What I really wanted to know was if there was a way to purchase the Mac OS and run it on a PC or maybe have a virtual OS using something like virtual pc running on a PC. In other words I would like to learn more about the Mac OS without actually buying a Mac system. I shouldn't even have mentioned windows blinds. I was just babbling. But thanks for all the reply. Not a bad idea since Mac interface is very cool.

5. Rockn

Rockn

6. freecho

freecho Thread Starter

thanks. looks like what i'm looking for. but i'll need some kind of rom card and roms. What's a rom card? is it something like adding a pci card? Maybe i should read the whole article before asking questions.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice