1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is it illegal to....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ReccaAmano, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ReccaAmano

ReccaAmano Thread Starter

My friend has a problem with her ipod... She copied all her photos on it by accident and then her computer went psycho and self combusted.... luckily all her photos are on the ipod... now is there anyway she can put her photos back on her new pc?

2. valis

valis Moderator

what's the legal question?

3. valis

valis Moderator

as far as connectivity goes, just hook the ipod up to the new pc and copy hte files over, just doing reverse of what she did to get them ON the ipod.....

4. ReccaAmano

ReccaAmano Thread Starter

well is it legal to put the pictures back onto your pc?.... and if so how.

5. valis

valis Moderator

if you already had possession of hte pics, and acquired them legally, then I can think of no reason why it would be illegal.

As for putting them back, just plug the ipod in, right click on start, go to explore, find the ipod in the left hand pane, click on it, and treat it like you are exploring another hard drive. This is how I've done it with XP; I'm assuming that is the OS you have.

If it doesn't work, let us know, and we can definitely try other options.

v

6. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

if they are your property (like she used her camera) then nothing so far is illegal. If they are somebody's other than yours and you didn't have their permission to have them in the first place, yes you are a law breaker and it doesn't matter if you copy them back and forth.

7. AhrenBa

AhrenBa

I the pics were just on the ipod as an external hard disk, then just plug in the ipod, open it in My Computer, and navigate to where the pictures were.

If she had an Ipod Photo and transferred the pics through iTunes so that they could be viewable on the iPod itself, then try either of these programs to recover the photos:

http://www.batchconverter.com/CopyPodPhoto-download-21687.shtml

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/trial.php

They are both shareware, but you could just get the pics off during the trial period.

Hope it helps, let me know if you have problems.

Oh, and DO NOT OPEN iTUNES WITH YOUR IPOD PLUGGED IN YET!!!!! This will delete all the photos on the iPod if you have "auto-update" enabled in iTunes.

8. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

Yes. If your computer requires the iPod drivers, then try something called ephPod, it allows you to do file transfer without overwriting all existing files.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice