1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it just me or is msn messenger not working for anyone else?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by AdrianClarke, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke Thread Starter

This happened to me last night....i was on msn...and i started realizing people were slowly leaving msn and then it just signed me out and i couldn't sign back in...i reset my modem, restarted my computer, reinstalled and installed msn mutliple times and i then i researched then i found out that msn pulled msn messenger 7.0 beta because it was easy to hack into and the security was low...but i'm thinking that had nothing to do with it...msn finally started working and then i came home from school and now msn isn't working again...yesterday i got a call from a few friends asking me if my msn was working and their msn's weren't working....so....any help?!

2. zahrav

zahrav

its MSN...it sucks...been down since like last nite then came back online at like 1030ish or so. today went down again at like 1230, i just got online - surprisingly only 1 person is online...lol...i think im gonna be booted out as well...good luck!

3. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

yea ur correct. I was about to post a "help me my msn is broken" topic when i realized everyones msn is broken. I suppose to many people are using it now.

4. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke Thread Starter

oh alright....thanks guys! msn is killing me!! i need to talk to my friends!!! haha

5. TOGG

TOGG

Might be something to do with the latest batch of patches, particularly this one (if you're using 6.1 or 6.2);http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/ms05-009.mspx

Presumably, they're getting ready to issue the new version over the next few days/hours and servers may be tied up. Having said that, my sons' version fired up quite happily about an hour ago.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice