1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it me or is MWB starting to fail?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by OfTheBlade, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OfTheBlade

OfTheBlade Thread Starter

I've noticed over the past year that MWB is not picking up nearly, if ever, the things other scanners are (such as superantispyware).

In fact, I almost don't use it any longer but as a last scan to catch, but I really don't count on it any more.

Anyone else notice this?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

I've none had MBAM find anything for over a year. Also, my scanning speed with MBAM all of a sudden got ridiculous.

12/28/12 quick scan-objects scanned 233,424 Scan time: 4 minutes 58 seconds
    01/04/13 quick scan-objects scanned 235,229 Scan time: 20 minutes 22 seconds

Superantispyware quick scans are around 7 minutes. This program has also found nothing in the past year or so except a few tracking cookies.

3. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    I use MSE as my main security, but every once in a while I'll use other programs just to see if they get anything, such as mbam. Mine usually runs in 45 mins to an hour for a full scan, and usually gets one or two viruses.

4. Miya

Miya

I agree with Purduebmaker7 . MSE is the best to use right now. I also use FF . Virus free for over a year running this

5. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    Miya, what's FF? First thing that comes to mind is firefox, but that's not a virus scanner, so I couldn't figure it out. Ha. It's interesting that you say MSE is the best right now. Personally, I have never had a problem with it either, but there was a recent article stating how a group did research on like 22 different virus scanners, and MSE rated second to last overall. As you probably know though, seems like everyone rates every scanner differently. One group will said this is the best and another group will put that scanner at the bottom, so it's always hard to believe these researchers.

6. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice