Is it me or is MWB starting to fail?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OfTheBlade

I've noticed over the past year that MWB is not picking up nearly, if ever, the things other scanners are (such as superantispyware).

In fact, I almost don't use it any longer but as a last scan to catch, but I really don't count on it any more.

Anyone else notice this?

I've none had MBAM find anything for over a year. Also, my scanning speed with MBAM all of a sudden got ridiculous.

12/28/12 quick scan-objects scanned 233,424 Scan time: 4 minutes 58 seconds
01/04/13 quick scan-objects scanned 235,229 Scan time: 20 minutes 22 seconds

Superantispyware quick scans are around 7 minutes. This program has also found nothing in the past year or so except a few tracking cookies.

First Name
AJ
I use MSE as my main security, but every once in a while I'll use other programs just to see if they get anything, such as mbam. Mine usually runs in 45 mins to an hour for a full scan, and usually gets one or two viruses.

I agree with Purduebmaker7 . MSE is the best to use right now. I also use FF . Virus free for over a year running this

First Name
AJ
Miya, what's FF? First thing that comes to mind is firefox, but that's not a virus scanner, so I couldn't figure it out. Ha. It's interesting that you say MSE is the best right now. Personally, I have never had a problem with it either, but there was a recent article stating how a group did research on like 22 different virus scanners, and MSE rated second to last overall. As you probably know though, seems like everyone rates every scanner differently. One group will said this is the best and another group will put that scanner at the bottom, so it's always hard to believe these researchers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online