1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is It my mother board?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmenist, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmenist

jmenist Thread Starter

My son's computer was running a little slow. Then when he went to turn it on, it would boot up, but would let him past the start up screen. Kept asking for password. I took it to my computer guy. he checked, said he couldn't find anything wrong. He wiped it out and reinstalled. He said he did this two times. Then he calls me and says he needed to try something else. Calls me back next day, says its my mother board. No good. Called him yesterday, said that it wasn't ready, needed to reinstall everything. This is now the 4th time he is reinstalling. Called today, said it's not ready, taking long time to reinstall everything. Told me I could probably pick up a new computer for about 400.00. I told him to just reinstall everything. Told me he was trying, but said that he may not be able to. Can anyone shed some light as to what is going on. I don't trust him all of a sudden. Why reinstall 4 times. Any suggestions what it could be, or what's going on.

2. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Sure sounds fishy to me. If you can get it back maybe someone on the forum can assisst you to get it up and going.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/855520