Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

is it possible the data from CD to be lost ?

822 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  riverdrift 
#1 ·
hi all
here I got surprised that data from my CD is lost.
I purchased a licenced copy of a software a long time back.that time it was ok and everything was fine.
now a days again I'd the requirement of that software.
this time when I tried to install from the same original CD given by the vender,it's not working.when I checked the disk it's showing no data.it's just an blank CD.
how it happend ?
is it possible that the data cen be lost from the CD after a certain period.
I requested the vender and sent the invoice,this time he charged me 50%of actual price and sent me the new CD.it's ok ,working fine
but my concern is it possible that the data can automaticaly be lost ?

#4 ·
The problem with any type of media like CD-R or DVD is they can lose their data aftewr awhile for various reasons. One of the best reasons is the dye used in the manufacturing process. Question is how old is the CD-R? And is this disk an original from the manufacturer or a copy of one? The best way to describe it is this article:

http://www.cd-info.com/CDIC/Technology/CD-R/Media/Longevity.html

#5 ·
ozrom1e said:
The problem with any type of media like CD-R or DVD is they can lose their data aftewr awhile for various reasons. One of the best reasons is the dye used in the manufacturing process. Question is how old is the CD-R? And is this disk an original from the manufacturer or a copy of one? The best way to describe it is this article:

http://www.cd-info.com/CDIC/Technology/CD-R/Media/Longevity.html
yea that CD-R was too old(4yr),it was an original CD from the manufecturer.no copy was made out of it. thanks for the kind info

even I have the data in my CDz more than 7yr old and in ordinary CDz no data loss
it was an original CD and the data was lost

here I wanted to know is there any way that the manufecturer define the moment they arite the data in the CD that it'll automatically be disappeared afetr a certain period?

ur suggestion are always appreciated.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.