1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it possible to attach folders to emails?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Simes, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Simes

Simes Thread Starter

I had this bright idea to send out a 40th party invite via email as a web function whereby one clicked on Invite and all the other functions and information where collated in a folder from where it would show the images.

So the initial job is done but having just tried to attach the htm file and the Folder, only the file attached itself. The Folder, it says, cannot be attached.

Is there a way round this?

Cheers.

2. Moby

Moby

You can attach zipped/compressed 'folders' to an email, so just zip up or put your existing folder and file into a compressed folder.
    In XP, select the files, right click, send to, compressed folder.
    People receiving the zipped folder would then just need to unzip it (in XP, right click, extract) to have them back in their original state.

3. Simes

Simes Thread Starter

Ok, it's kinda what I thought.

So, those without Winzip, will just have to go out and get it. I guess they will have to understand and get with the times if they want to come to the party! (a mixed bag of guests ranging from IT techies to old folk)

Thanks fella.

4. Moby

Moby

You won't need winzip on any computer with windows ME or XP as they are able to zip folders as standard. It is called compressed folders in those OS's but is exactly the same as zipping. As I said, right click, send to, compressed folder, and it is zipped without winzip. Only people still using win98 would need winzip.

Edit

People receiving the zipped/compressed file (ME and XP) just need to right click, extract all and it is unzipped.

5. Simes

Simes Thread Starter

Ah, I see.

Ok, thanks very much.

Appreciated.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/419584