1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it possible to connect PC Case to TV Screen using HDMI cables?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrazyComputerMan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    I am thinking of changing my TV while i was moving and i will watch more of YouTube, BBC IPlayer and Sky Player..

So is there any possible i could buy HDMI graphic card?? I have PC Express... so i can connect them both and enjoy more experience.

Any product you might advice me?

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

You can as long as tv has hdmi connection>

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

If the TV has an HDMI connector, yo ucan hook it up straight to the graphics card. There are cables that have HDMI at one end, with a DVI or VGA (depending on what your card has) that plug straight into the card.

You dont say which Nvidia card you have, but it probably doesnt have an HDMI port on it. If you went for a new 5000 series ATI card (for instance a 5770, 5850), these have a native HDMI port, and an HDMI cable plugs straight in the back.

Depends what your preference is. Maplin stock the converter cables, although Ebay tends to be cheaper. I have used both, and they work fine :)

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't understand your post. What does "changing my TV" mean? You want to buy a new TV? HDMI is a video and audio connection type, and PCI Express is a graphics card bus technology. The two have nothing to do with each other. You can get PCI Express graphics cards that have an HDMI out port that allows for a connection to a display type that supports HDMI in. Some TVs have HDMI in ports that support computer connections. Some don't. You'd have to verify that feature is available on the model you're looking at purchasing.

5. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    Will let you know the specifications of my built PC and you will advise me to buy better one to meet my spec... Wow... i cant wait to see my dream TV!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice