1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it possible to do a CD search by the ID number?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Fractalogic, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fractalogic

Fractalogic Thread Starter

Hey all!

My understanding is that CDDB and FreeDB database queries are done by calculating a hash number from the frame offset of the CD tracks, which is then sent to the servers. If there is a match for that hash number, a track listing is retrieved. Is this correct?... no?...

Well, anyway! There is this CD compilation with various artist that I'm trying to track down. There is very little information available about it. The title is Eurohits Re-Load, and it was released 2003 or 2004. I recently found what appears to be a "CD ID" or disc ID number which is b80d410e.

Is it possible to enter this ID on some website or in some software in order to retrieve more information about this CD?

Thanks!

P.s. Note that I don't actually own the physical CD. That would really make it easy to ID it.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Go to http://www.freedb.org/freedb_search.php and enter b80d410e for the search word and select "All" for Search and Categories. The search results should include the "Eurohits Re-Load" CD. Expanding that entry should give you a full track list. Not sure what other information you are looking for.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice