is it possible to get a xp installation disc sans reg-code?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobbyd33

just wondering if its possibel to get win xp pro any where without registration codes just the disc. pro costs 300 dollars for a new version. I have the codes just need the disc

bearone2

Banned
codes go with the disk to keep you from what you're trying to do.

$300 for xppro, where are you shopping?

bobbyd33

What im trying to do, I have the codes, If i was gonna get pirated codes id just get a pirated copy of it.

I saw it at staples for 299.99

crjdriver

If you have a LEGAL license to use xp, you can use any disk for an install. Note if you have an oem license, you must use an oem disk. If you have a retail license, you must use a retail disk.

Note you must activate xp after the install.

BTW xp pro full version is $145.95

XP Pro
[

crjdriver

I should add that if your license came from a pre-installed system, you cannot use that to install a full version of the os.

Do yourself a favor, dont steal. Try going to newegg and buying an oem version--I think its about 129--just buy a cable or something with it.

Why would you assume hes trying to steal? He said he has the product I.D. key (you can legally buy them seperately), I have three product i.d. keys for Windows XP Home because people i know are actually downgrading back to Windows 98 S.E. so if i wanted a CD to go with these keys i would be stealing? When it says do not make illegal copies of this cd it means if you dont have a real, authentic product I.D. dont copy the cd. Heck even having the product key doesnt mean you own it, its just licensed to you from Microsoft for your own personal use.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, if you read the Microsoft OEM license, the copy of Windows is only licensed for the SPECIFIC machine that it was shipped with.

Thats an odd thing to have in the license considering you can purchase the OEM version and license with a small piece of hardware and not have to get it with a computer.

Bobby,if you have legit codes you are entitled to use them,try getting xp on E-bay
as without code they would have to "give them away".Can't believe that price!Here
XP Pro retails for $600.,And they say Longhorn,if it ever arrives,will be like$1000!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online