Is it possible to run a .EXE file with the subfolders(&files) on different drives?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cubasterd

Hi.
I have two hard drives installed on my computer. The first one is 7GB and is running Windows XP. The second hard drive is 6GB.

I would like an .exe file on the second drive to find and recognize random sub-folders(with files) that I moved to the first drive. Is that possible? I assume I would have to go into the registry and change a couple of paths, but I don't know the way.

In case anyone is wondering, I am installing Final Fantasy XI: Online onto the 6 GB harddrive but the minimal requirements for this game is 8.5 GB. I want to spread a couple of folders around between the two drives so I can play the game w/ all 3 expansions installed.

Yes, I know I should just buy a cheap 20+GB hard drive so I won't have to worry about this, but I'm not...at least not yet. :) Plus, I'm also curious to know if this is possible.

Thanks to all who reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online