1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it possible to run Duel Sound Cards....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theduck, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theduck

theduck Thread Starter

I have a question, I have a Intergrated sound card, it only has Speaker output, Line IN, and Mic IN. I would like to put this Older sound card (Sound Blaster 16 bit) which has LineOut. I am wanting to run my Mp3's through my computer and into my stereo, with haveing it preamped. I would like to keep the intergratd card running, for the simple fact that it sounds pretty decent. If any help can be provided, it is apprecaited.

theduck

2. deuce

deuce

My suggestion is go to your local parts store (for god's sake not Best Buy or Fry's or the equivalent--you'll get hosed on the prices) and pick up a decent new sound blaster card for around $25 or $30 or so. (this will probably be the same one sold in a box at best buy for $50. You may even get a few bucks for your older sound blaster...but maybe not. To the best of my knowledge you can't have two sound cards running at the same time. To install another one, the onboard one has to be disabled.

3. theduck

theduck Thread Starter

Thansk for the help! I wasnt for sure, I thought it might be that way!
    QUACK

4. deuce

deuce

Well I'm not 100% sure so you might want someone else's opinon on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice