1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it possible to share a 3G connection through a router?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Hunter07, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter07

Hunter07 Thread Starter

Sep 24, 2011
    Hello all,

Okay hear is the problem that I am faced with... I have a Virgin Mobile MC760 3G broadband device, I want to share that 3G internet connection with my D-Link DIR-615 router so that I can connect to the 3G over WiFi on my other devices.

The host computer that the 3G device would be plugged into is running Windows XP version 2002 Service Pack 2.

I realize that they do sell 3G routers but I would like to use the D-Link DIR-615 that I already have to avoid buying another router. I also realize that it may be easier to share the connection by creating a wireless network on the host computer and then enable internet sharing, I don't want to do this I need to share the connection through the router.

I don't know if it is possible to do this but any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Elvandil

Aug 1, 2003
    You will need a second network card on the PC so that you can connect it to the router and use Internet Connection Sharing.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019231