Is it possible to stop alphabetizing bookmarks in IE ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bully

I don't mind that my bookmark folders are alphabetical, but I prefer a different order than alphabetization for the bookmarks inside of the folders. I have several hundred bookmarks in many of the folders, and when I switched to IE 6.0 from Netscape 4.74 my bookmarks were automatically alphabetized inside of the imported folders.

I wasn't aware I/E automatically places bookmarks alphabetically... mine aren't ! ;)

:cool:

I agree with Joe2Cool. Even my favourites are not arranged alphabetically.

Anyway, if you want them to be arranged in a particular pattern, there are 2 options.

First, arrange them in folders.
Second, drag each entry to whatever position you want them to keep.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Mine are also arranged alphabetically. Not sure what determines which way it is :(

John

....I think the items placed in the "favorites" list go in alphabetical order initially, but additions go to the end of the list. If you right click on a folder or item in your favorites list, you can select SORT BY NAME and it will realphabetize the list, folders first, then individual files.

( at least on my WinMe machine)

I could not fine out how to put them in alphabetical order in IE.

But I went to start, favourites and clicked on sort by name and it did just that and it also changed the list in IE and pit them in a alphabetical order.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I went to C:\WINDOWS\Favorites and under View/Arrange Icons you can select by Date, Alphabetically, last visited etc :D

John

Arranging them in that way by opening the folder won't arrange them that way in IE. Isn't it? That's only the way they get disaplyed in the Windows explorer and not in IE > Favourites.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online