1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is It possible to type in other language than english in MS Word ?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mrmazaheri, Mar 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrmazaheri

mrmazaheri Thread Starter

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help, I have English win98 and English office 97.

My question is, very rarely I want to be able to type a line or two of Arabic in MS word97.

Is there a way of downloading Arabic fonts or keyboard layout to do this easily.

I do not want to reinstall Arabic win98 and Arabic office97.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mohammad R. Mazaheri.

2. isidoros

isidoros

You can add a language by going to control panel
    selecting the keyboard options
    and adding a language there ....

(that's how I added Greek)
    then when you are in word you use either alt - shift or ctrl shift to flip between the 2 languages....(there should then be a little icon in your system tray that shows [EN]....for english and in my case when i flip [GR] for greek...

hope this helps

3. YSB

YSB

Unfortunately I don't think that would work with Arabic because it's a right-to-left language. English Win98 only supports left-to-right languages natively. There are other multilingual word processors out there that will work on English Windows. Some will let you copy/paste from them into English Word even if you can't type directly into Word. One program you might want to look into is an Israeli program called Dagesh that is sold in the USA to run on English Windows. It is supposed to have pretty good support for Arabic as well as Hebrew, Russian, English and some others. There are also others although I don't remember their names offhand.

4. mrmazaheri

mrmazaheri Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your feedback, you have given me some ideas, I think I should search the web for something like arabic editor or else...

Thank you again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/38958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice