Is it possible ???

Blackmirror

Is it possible to show each members local time under their name please

or am i asking for the moon on a stick :) :p

It woud certainly help me in wishing members good morning when i should be saying good night lol and vice versa

Just a thought
i know

to ask such a question..
but im curious

Used to be able to look at a members profile and it had there local time but that was lost over a year ago I think when the site was upgraded.

Blackmirror

lexmarks567 said:
Im 5 chocolate bars behind you :D that help any :D :D
now if i put that image in my mind on a spare coat hanger :D
Kevin ... right .. 5 big bars of chocolate ... all with legs and big smiles .. following you ..
It might just work (y)

Ask me tomorrow Kevin lol and we will find out

Even if a local time was shown in a member's profile, its accuracy would depend on whether or not that member had the time zone set correctly (or honestly) in his or her options. I say 'honestly' because I keep my time zone set at GMT (or GMT-1 during daylight saving) even though I live in California. I do that because when I download TSG data I want the data times to be 'clock-on-the-wall' time for someone living on the Prime Meridian in London. That way the data in my reports are always referenced to the same time and each member can adjust his or her numbers as he or she desires to reflect his or her local time.

I realize this is not a terribly big deal, but I suspect more than a few members do not bother to set their time zone at all.

Nor can a person always trust a member's stated location, especially for those who claim they live off in never-never land somewhere over the colored semi-hoop and under a hedge. :) Nothing beats personal knowledge in a situation like this.

Blackmirror

oscar51 said:
Nor can a person always trust a member's stated location, especially for those who claim they live off in never-never land somewhere over the colored semi-hoop and under a hedge. :) Nothing beats personal knowledge in a situation like this.
Another point my brain overlooked .. its not going to happen is it lol

Probably not. And BTW, my computer's clock currently reads 4:40 a.m. give-or-take a few seconds.

Blackmirror

another great idea gone to pot lol
oh well back to the drawing board i suppose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online