1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it possible

Discussion in 'Networking' started by CrazyComputerMan, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan Thread Starter

First Name:
    Robert
    If i set printer connect to Computer / Hub (watever is it!) and other people can use scanner and send to their user's computer... I dont do scanning and printing much...

Any Suggestion

HP SPC 750

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Printers and scanners can be shared on the network, yes. You need to enable sharing in the device's properties and install them on the other machines.

3. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    My printer havent got network shot... only a Firewire.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes, but the printer is connected to a machine that is connected to the network, right? It can still be shared. You can share devices attached to that machine.

Look at your connection options and see if File nad Printer sharing is enabled (installed), too.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No, you're not going to be able to scan from one computer accross the network to another.

6. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Well, I'm lost

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's helpful information. :rolleyes:
    You can't scan over the network. You can probably share the printer. If you search for "networking" and "file sharing" and "printer sharing" you'll find millions of pages, threads, tutorials, pictures etc. Start reading and then ask follow up questions.

8. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Why? Moderator say i can

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

I didn't say you could scan. I am not aware of whether that is poissible or not. But you can share the printer. You will have to see what functions will work over the network when it is installed.

Once you enable sharing on the machine it is connected to, then go to the other machines and Add Printer. See if you can find the printer on the network. If you can, drivers will probably be installed automatically from the other machine.

(PS. The moderators don't know everything.)

10. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

[​IMG] They don't! Say it isn't so! ;)

11. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    I believe it's the truth! get over it!:p :D

12. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

I can't handle the truth! :)

Some multi-function printers/scanners/fax machines support scanning over a network. The Xerox we have at the office does but software is needed to make it work.

He's using a HP PSC 750 (link to PDF manual) multi-function printer. This manual has a section (pg 31) on sharing the printer on a network but doesn't mention network scanning. So, chances are this particular printer doesn't support network scanning.

Peace...

13. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have a PSC-750, and I can assure you that you can't scan over the network. :)

14. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Well, there you have it. :)

Peace...

15. CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    It's because i havent use my printer/scanner very much and my mum asking me to scan on the computer and email to her computer and i finds it time wasting... I asked my mum to swap my printer with Mum's printer (famous printer... sometimes could gone wonky with paper) but she decline because she havent got enough space for big printer to move...

If that printer had to stay perhaps i should try OCR software to check out.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice