1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Is it safe to delete a copied folder on windows server 2008

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by AshOkWVD, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AshOkWVD

AshOkWVD Thread Starter

I was upgrading our imaging software a while back, but when trying to share the D drive, I made a copy by mistake. Is it ok to just delete the extra copy? I needed to share the drive so I could install the upgrade to the other work stations. The photo below shows what I'm talking about:
    upload_2019-7-25_14-48-25.png

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    It it possible that you didn't actually copy the files but created a second share name for the same folder?

Go to the folder itself, rightclick and go to properties. Then Sharing\Advanced Sharing and see if you have more than one sharename. It looks to me like that's what's going on.

Do NOT delete unless you 100% sure that it is indeed a copy and before you have at least one verified backup.

3. AshOkWVD

AshOkWVD Thread Starter

Yes! It was just an additional sharename. I unshared it and both files disappeared. I shared it again and the last file sharename I’d used reappeared by itself. Thank you!!

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    You're welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice