Is it safe to delete this drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trooper_fan

A couple of months ago a drive Local Disk (D:) appeared in "My Computer" along with the other drives, I can't remember if I did anything directly before that but it doesn't seem to serve any purpose and I was wondering if it was safe to delete.

If you click on the drive it has a 790MB capacity and 5 icons which are:

BACKUP
CLIENT
IMAGE.IMC
RSERVER.DRV
WIPESIG

If you click on client it brings up a DOS screen which is detailed in the first picture and then if you leave it, after a minute it changes to the second screen.

What is this? I would like to delete the D drive completely, is it safe to do this and how do I do it?

Thanks.

Attachments

pugmug

Banned
It seems as if you created a backup of your c drive with what ever backup program you have.If your c drive is working good meaning the computer is booting and acting correctly yes you can delete that d drive.

Trooper_fan

I don't have any backup programs and my PC is working just fine as far as I'm aware :)

How do I delete a drive?

It looks like that software was intended to be used for rolling out a number of similar computers with the same configuration. You might start by looking for the software that installed the drives in Add/Remove. It may be listed under ImageCast or Phoenix, but you'll have to look around.

pugmug

Banned
Now that I look at it better is your computer an HP or other OEM style? They have a restore partition installed on the hard drive that is used to return your puter to the same state it was when you first received it and will not let you delete that partition.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online