is it still worth doing mcse?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
If you are Not going to support 2003 in your job, then no.

If you can afford it and have time, then yes go for it.

PK-her0

cool,yes i have a few 2003 servers to support...but is it worth it if all 2003 servers are upgraded to 2008 in a couple of years?

It really wont help to learn now if you don't have an S2008 boxes to use while learning, If you knew the servers were going to be updated to S2008 in six months, I would say go ahead and learn now, otherwise catch up with S2003 for now.

If you could afford a budget server to install S2008 onto at home to play with, then that would be a huge advantage for the future.

S2008 loves memory, a minimum of 4gb for it to get out of the gate on clean install without any configuration, 8~16 for what you want to do.

PK-her0

yes i saw that you need a lot of hardware to run sbs2008
i have a 2003 server at the moment...i cant see the 2003 servers at the companies i work
being upgraded for at least another 2 years...so i guess i will hit an mcse
for the time being...started today with active directory...pretty confusing stuff...just not very hands
on i mean...all theory...

You won't use 90% of it, as long as you can remember enough to pass the test, you will be fine.

PK-her0

hey mumbo have you watched the docu obama the deception...what did you think?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online