1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it time for an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheFireRodan, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFireRodan

TheFireRodan Thread Starter

With my 560 ti 1gb and an i5 2400, some things have issues. I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade.

Meh benchmarks of common games I play- (I have taken off the entire side panel of my case to reduce gpu temp)

GTA V- on normal-high settings 900p runs at ~35-60fps location dependent. I absolutely can't turn up my textures, post process, AA, and a few others. 91*C GPU High, About 85*C Avg

Battlefield 4-With a weird combo of low+med+ultra 900p to allow me to see soldiers at a distance, 50fps with/stutters in dense maps. 93*C GPU High, About 88*C avg

Minecraft (yes, IDK why) - In dense areas, 35-45 fps with HUGE stutters down to 10 fps @1080p (can't change) and render distance 9 (about half of max) 78*C GPU High, About 70*C avg

Firestrike: about 10 fps on gpu, 20-30 on physics, 6 on combined. using standard settings. 97*C GPU High

Skyrim with watered down ENB: 40-45fps good, 30 on turn around/heavy movement. Using reduced res textures for high-res dlc (slightly better than vanilla) to avoid stuttering to death.

Notes: No overclocking, as my motherboard (stock HP) doesn't support it at all. CPU never above 60*C High

Lookin at something like gtx 970 2xSLI 4790k

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Have you taken the graphics card out and cleaned the dust out of the fan/heatsink?

3. TheFireRodan

TheFireRodan Thread Starter

Yep. Even had it checked out by tech guys. Nothing to do about it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice