Is It Time to Stop Paying for a VPN

Johnny b

John
Interesting article.

I hope to see some reviews that demonstrate how to set up a free self made VPN.

I have been using the free version of Proton VPN since shortly after it was released - a long time back now. The free version is limited to the US, Japan and the Netherlands. If you are OK with those three countries then Proton VPN should be at the top of your list. It is fast, it is secure and it is user-friendly. It has been a real pleasure to use and I can highly recommend it.

About once a week Proton pop up a friendly message asking if you have thought about an upgrade to a paid version. The product is so good and the support team is so excellent that I am thinking of upgrading, even though I don't need the features in the upgrade version, simply because the world needs more organisations like Proton and if we want to encourage such organisations then it is necessary to support such organisations financially.

T.

Johnny b

John
For others that is interested in the article, it's behind a paywall so you would need to sign up for a free limited article account or pay for it.
Apparently I missed it, which site are you mentioning that has a paywall?

2twenty2

I didn't hit a paywall either. To the right of the popup I clicked "collapse" which removes the popup.

In firefox I run "Adblock Ultimate" and "DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials" maybe that is whytnyt.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny b

John
No pay wall for me.

I run Firefox 91.0.2 on a Linux platform
NoScript and I notice all scripting is blocked for NYT.
Adblock plus all default
Gostery default
and Privacy Badger default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online