Is it worth keeping this Hard Drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EricM

After using drive rescue I've got C,D andE drives working again. I tried a complete restore w the emachines disks and got these messages.
First one read "Cannot open R:\667IR_C.IMG"
after hitting OK the next message reads "Critical Error 0x00 attempt to write to write protected disk"
After hitting Abort #3 message reads "Cannot open GHOST.ERR"
Finally after hitting abort again, the last message reads "Application Error 11000 Invalid Dump File contact local symantec dealer"

Thats why I'm trying to figure out if I can reformat this disk or if I should trash it. Doesn't matter if I lose the info on the disk, just hate to have to go out and buy another "box" when, other than this, this thing has run well for years.
Any help is appreciated
Eric

Get a 98 boot disk Eric, fdisk and erase all partitions, create a new one then format it.
When formatted run Scandisk.
This will say if this drive is goosed.
Wolfey

EricM said:
Doesn't matter if I lose the info on the disk
you can't lose anything but a little bit of time trying and since you don't care about the data, go for it. those were file related errors so disk is most likely just fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts