1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is it worth upgrading my video/graphics card?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by eloisek, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eloisek

eloisek Thread Starter

I have an Acer eMachine eM250 netbook, and the graphics card is pretty dismal. I have a lot of games (e.g., The Sims 3) that aren't supported on this machine and I don't want them to go to waste. Would it be worth it to upgrade the video card (if it's even possible), or am I better off just saving up to buy a notebook with a decent graphics card?

2. Megabite

Megabite

Most laptops come with a built in Video card that cannot be change.....Your best bet would be to as you say is saving up for a laptop with a better Video card or better still buying a Desktop which you can upgrade easily.

3. eloisek

eloisek Thread Starter

So there's no other way around it? It's just that I don't want my games sitting there unused while I save up.

4. shihni

shihni

Netbooks aren't designed for gaming - in my opinion they're glorified smartphones that offer word processing instead of phone calls and texting. Unfortunately, not many upgrades are available for them... and the video card is not one of them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!