1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is my computer freezing because of my new GPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anvil-31, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Anvil-31

Anvil-31 Thread Starter

Hello, I am new to the forums, I have been experiencing freezes with my new computer build when i installed my video card, i can't test if it is the video card because i do not have onboard video.

I also received the stop error 0x00000116 BSOD once, i put all my cash into this PC and i really can't get a new video card ;(

I have the latest catalyst driver for this video card since ati only support legacy cards with 9.2 or below.

GPU: Ati Radeon x300

Right now I'm running in safe mode ;(

Also the LAN driver is up to data, it used onboard realtek...

PC spec:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76285 MB, Free - 50577 MB; D: Total - 228232 MB, Free - 228042 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, A770DE+
    Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated and Enabled

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. Anvil-31

Anvil-31 Thread Starter

NO, Not really my drivers are good and i only got the error once, and that article says nothing about freezing.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Freezing can be hardware, software, drivers...pretty much anything. In your case, you actually have an error (even if you only received it once) to help identify the problem. If you want to ignore the error as you only received it once, that's fine.

In which case, check System Event Viewer and see if Windows is seeing anything that may help pin point the issue. Aside from that, it's trial and error. Find something that can consistently cause the problem, the start making changes until you can isolate the cause. Changes would include upgrading/dowgrading drivers (video, system, audio, etc.), swapping hardware, removing hardware, fresh OS install, etc.

5. Anvil-31

Anvil-31 Thread Starter

Well now i am having tons of WMI error but the WMI script says nothing is wrong...

But in event viewer this error keeps repeating:

TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

6. Anvil-31

Anvil-31 Thread Starter

Great, now my H/W monitor chows cpu readings up to -124C/255F
    which makes no sense because if you convert it it does not add up, but since i'm in safe mode, i guess it's just false readings.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice