is my cpu fan acceptable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chynco

i have an athlon xp 2000 and i have a really super crappy generic fan on it. it lets the temp go up to almost 70's. i have three case fans.

so i just ordered a new hs+fan, Vantec FCE-62540D (i'm broke) is this good enough for my cpu?

thanks from an amateur builder.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If it's anywhere past the mid to high 50's when it's idling, you need a better heatsink. If it's 70C, you're close to disaster, 70C is the rated upper temperature of most commercial chips.

chynco

it's 70 celcius.

is a fan meant for an amd thunderbird good enough for an athlon xp?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ouch, is that with any load on it, or just standing idle?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online