1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is my hard drive dying or what?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Witlash, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Witlash

Witlash Thread Starter

Here's my prob.I keep getting this error, Source: Disk Event ID: 11 The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. It seam to start after I put in 8gig's of ram,I ran memtest86 for over 3 hours and everything came out fine with that.I reloaded in windows x64 and that didn't help.Sometimes when windows starts I'll get the blue screen of death,but it go's by so fast I can't read it,also when booting at the loading screen it will just sit there,the light on the pc doesn't blink and rebooting won't work.I have to shut the pc pown and turn off all power to it for a bit then windows will fire up again with on probs.I know it's not over heating, I have a 120mm fan blowing right on it.I also changed out the cable and that didn't help.If any one can give me some ideas that would be great.....Thanx

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can you go back to the original memory configuration ?

if so see if the PC is stable again ....

3. Witlash

Witlash Thread Starter

I did do that yesterday and had no prob's with the pc all day,so I guess it is the ram.I put 4gigs back in today to see if I can figure out what set is bad so I can send them back to newegg.

Thanx for the reply!!!

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your welcome,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/786273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice