1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is my hard drive locked? or unlocked?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by natedogg319, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natedogg319

natedogg319 Thread Starter

I have a Western Digital IDE 250 GB hard drive that was intended for an xbox, but it wasnt working out well. i forgot where in the process i was so i just tried plugging the drive into my PC, the drive was installed and "working properly" but it doesnt even show up in "My Computer". anyone know where i should go from here? thanks for any help everyone!!!

P.S. i did searching on here already but didnt find any problems quite like mine.

2. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Does the device show up in disk managment? Open the Start menu, right-click My Computer and select Manage. Then select storage on the left and disk managment. Does it show in there?

3. natedogg319

nope doesnt show up in there.

4. bigbear

bigbear

Is the drive jumpered correctly and does it show in bios?

5. natedogg319

yeah it shows up in my bios, because it shows up in some of my boot sequence screens. but im not sure what jumpered means.

6. bigbear

bigbear

At the back of the drive is there some pins with a little square plastic block covering two pins?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/636915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice