Is my Laptop big Enough?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gabriel

Account Closed
Hi. I need to get MSWord for my papers and such. I don't want to buy a program too heavy for my system... Here is my question:

Thanks much in advance for any help:)

Can I put this:
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows(R) XP with Service Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server(R) 2003 with SP1, or later operating system2
500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher1
2 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, 32 bit browser only. Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees may apply).

INTO THIS?:

My System
Dell Vostro (Laptop)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 2002
Service Pack 3
Intel [R]Core [TM]2 Duo CPU
T5270 @ 1.40GHz, 1.99 GB RAM

Gabriel

Account Closed
Hi Bomb. My professor says it has to be MSWord. Something about a grading tool. Is the software I listed too bulky for my Laptop? I really want to keep it to what she specifies. It is for 4 papers for her class. Not just one that I can do at on a borrowed PC with Word

Gabriel

Account Closed
Here is what looks to me like a littler MSWord.

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
Component Requirement
Computer and processor 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher1
Memory 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher1, 2
Hard disk 1.5 gigabyte (GB); a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.
Drive CD-ROM or DVD drive
Display 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
Operating system Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, or later operating system3
Other Certain inking features require running Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or later. Speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device. Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.

Connectivity to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or later running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services is required for certain advanced collaboration functionality.

Would this one be less bulky?

Your system will easily handle MS Office, the better buy is the Home and Student as it can be loaded legally onto 3 computers in the same household (for non-commercial use)

I have a much lower spec laptop with Microsoft Office installed, it runs well.

Darn, I was going to make some comment about it depending on how big your lap is....
I suspect your prof doesn't know much about OO per bomb's suggestion - it saves documents as .doc files, just like Word.
And if you are going to get 2007, make sure your prof wants the papers formatted in the older Word format (.doc) or the new 2007 format (.docx). 2007 can save as both - just be certain you know which way he/she wants it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online