Solved Is my mobile phone compatible for the 5G network rollout

linsjean

I logged into Boost Mobile which is my carrier and it says "your phone may have an impact on the 5G network". I called a Boost Mobile store and he said my LG Stylo4 will not operate at all in a couple of months. I carry insurance with my plan, so I paid the $50 deductible and they shipped me an LG Stylo 5 phone I called my carrier again and he said "that should work". But I really want to know for sure before activating it. I can't find the IMEI number anywhere. I opened the UPS box and pulled out a phone with just the charger. I did not get a regular brand new box with the picture of the phone on it. Just a note to say "this is your replacement phone". I will need to return my current phone within 10 days.

Do you need more information about the new phone so you can let me know if it will work? I can tell you that I turned it on and it booted up showing 4G LTE.

Thanks!

linsjean

Hi linsjean
I think you may be out of luck Your phone specs Stuck on 4G LTE
Well, that's dissappointing. I can't find the spot where to find an LG phone that is 5G. And you went to t-mobile site. I imagine it doesn't matter what make and model. I'm sure I can still stick with my same carrier. I don't know why there are so may admirers of the iPhone. I don't own anything by Apple. I like the way an Android syncs with my computer - Windows 10.

linsjean

LG do have 5g phones - does not look like boost Boost LG Phones
Can you use an unlocked LG 5G phone and put a Boost sim into it?
LG Unlocked
I can now click "solved" on this one. The store manager at Boost Mobile told me that the LG Stylo 5 will work with the new 5G network. He said my stylo 4 wouldn't work because of the model of the phone. So he activated my stylo5 and transferred everything over, except text messages were not able to be saved, so I bought an SD card to have all data go to that internal card. Wow, I just picked up my de-activated stylo4 and I'm seeing new stuff on there like FB posts I just made from my computer. How can I have 2 working phones with the same phone number?

linsjean

Do you know wht my voicemail app on new phone talks to me in spanish? It was English but i probably pressed a key and it turned to Spanish.

How do I change my Boost Mobile voicemail from Spanish to English?

To change back to English complete the following steps:
  1. Call your voicemail box and enter your password.
  2. Press '4' to Access Personal Options.
  3. Press '4' to Modify Personal Preferences.
  4. Press '9' for Language Settings.
  5. Press '1' to change between English or Spanish.

linsjean

How do I change my Boost Mobile voicemail from Spanish to English?

To change back to English complete the following steps:
  1. Call your voicemail box and enter your password.
  2. Press '4' to Access Personal Options.
  3. Press '4' to Modify Personal Preferences.
  4. Press '9' for Language Settings.
  5. Press '1' to change between English or Spanish.
The problem is I can't understand the prompts. I remember I said no to enter a password. I used another phone and left a vm to myself. Now that is what plays ad soon as I connect with my vm. I have to press and hold the number 1 to reach my vm. There is an icon app for visual vm but its not working.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
linsjean, maybe the store manager at Boost can help you with that, too. He seemed to be quite helpful in the past.

I don't know why there are so may admirers of the iPhone. I don't own anything by Apple. I like the way an Android syncs with my computer - Windows 10.
Right there with you! I don't like their walled garden. With my Android (Motorola something) I can add more memory by just adding a larger microSD card, rather than spending hundreds for a new phone! And I can easily transfer music and pictures back and forth from phone to PC!

linsjean

I bought a $25 65GB SD card from this awful carrier. I want to make sure new data is going into it, for example, photos, documents and text messages. I would also like to know how to transfer something from my computer to my phone. My carrier does not want to help me. I was told "We sell phones. We do not troubleshoot here". then I go next door to T-mobile and they do their best to help me without charge me. I might be swtiching to T-Mobile.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would also like to know how to transfer something from my computer to my phone.
If you use a data cable, rather than just a charging cable, when you plug it into a PC with the phone attached, power it on and it should prompt you whether you want to connect. Otherwise (on mine, at least), I can pull down the menu on top and it offers options for what to do with the phone via USB. I can have it just charge or transfer files.

plodr

Liz
I might be swtiching to T-Mobile.
You might want to avoid T-Mobile. I was going to switch my husband from Boost to T-Mobile.
Here is why I decided not to:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/t-mobile-hack-everything-you-need-to-know/

I decided I don't want to risk identity theft!

This wasn't the first time. 5 times in almost 4 years is way too much for my comfort level.
https://www.newsweek.com/t-mobile-h...est-breach-nearly-50-million-affected-1620710

Sorry I can't do much to help with your problem. I have an old Samsung smart phone. I was a VirginMobile customer until they closed and moved everyone to Sprint. T-Mobile and Sprint merged and Sprint customers were moved to Boost. Boost is now owned by DISH! When I decide to replace my phone, I'm not sure who I'll go with.
I went to the Boost Mobile "Premier" (their words, not mine) Store near me. They take cash payments, send money, sell phones, etc. They do not do much in the way of helping with a phone problem. I went to ask a question about a hotspot and got no help. (My VirginMobile plan didn't include hotspot and since VM is out of business I wanted to see if I could get this working on my phone).

Last edited:

linsjean

Woah! I will NOT be switching to T-Mobile. I'm going to do a little survery with people on my Facebook friends list and ask them who they go with and how they like their customer care and if there have been any hacks with their cellular company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online