Solved Is my mobile phone compatible for the 5G network rollout

If you follow the steps in post # 8 you should not need to understand the prompts
just press the numbers.

linsjean

I just got back from my cell phone carrier store. He said he didn't speak spanish, but he listened to all the prompts and hit the right numbers and now it's back to English again. He had to know Spanish. Either way, that little part is fixed. I'm trying to do screen shots of my texts, and then write down any important voicemails from my old phone. I'm on a deadline to return the old phone. I will be sure to delete my texts or anything personal on it.

Can you tell me if all my data is now going to the SD card that I paid for (talking about my new phone now). I see the photos in my gallery. I found in settings internal and then SD card. I take a picture and see it in my gallery, but I want things to go to my 60GB SD card. Will my texts go there too?

Set default storage LG Stylo 5
By default, the device stores data in internal storage. You can change it to use the SD card (when inserted).
  1. From any home screen, tap Camera.
  2. Tap the Camera settings icon at the top left.
  3. Tap Storage. This option does not show unless a memory card is inserted.
  4. Choose one of the following options:
    • SD card
    • Internal storage

linsjean

Set default storage LG Stylo 5
By default, the device stores data in internal storage. You can change it to use the SD card (when inserted).
  1. From any home screen, tap Camera.
  2. Tap the Camera settings icon at the top left.
  3. Tap Storage. This option does not show unless a memory card is inserted.
  4. Choose one of the following options:
    • SD card
    • Internal storage
Thank you Peter. Perfect instructions. It was already set to go to the SD card. Now, how do I view the contents of my SD card, and how do I view the contents of internal storage? Also, should I choose MyPhoneExplorer for Windows or get it at the play store and download to my phone?

you download part 1 to your computer - windows
you download part 2 from playstore on phone.
This is a free program - you should NOT have to pay for either download

linsjean

you download part 1 to your computer - windows
you download part 2 from playstore on phone.
This is a free program - you should NOT have to pay for either download
Peter, I was really tired when I posted my question to you. So if I download MyPhoneExplorer to my laptop, and also to my OLD phone (which I need to return tomorrow), will I be able to not only view, but somehow save my text messages from my old phone to my computer? I realize I can always download the app to my new phone also to view things, but right now I want to save my text mesages from my old phone because Boost Mobile did not do a back up when he activated my new phone. I want to be done with this old phone and return it, and then get my new phone organized the way I want it. (I tried SMS Backup and Restore) but it failed to transfer from phone to phone -- neither could find each other's phone to send or receive).

Their is a big misunderstanding here. 5G phones are not needed. The new 5G networks are backwards compatible with many existing LTE aka 4G LTE phones. You have to check with your carrier to see if your phone is compatible.

T-Mobile bought Sprint a year ago. T-Mobile uses GSM while Sprint used CDMA the same as Verizon. As part of the merger T-Mobile would transition all Sprint customers over to its GSM network. Some existing Sprint customers could switch their phones to GSM with a new SIM card. Those with incompatible phones would receive a new free phone from Sprint. Since Boost gets their service from Sprint that is why they are affected.

linsjean

I had my computer tech people help me. He used Xtransfer to pull over data from old phone to new phone. All is well know. Thanks!

I had my computer tech people help me. He used Xtransfer to pull over data from old phone to new phone. All is well know. Thanks!
Glad You are going.
You should make time to play with MYphoneexplorer on your new phone to see what it can do.

plodr

Liz
My husband's Boost phone is not even 4G. He is currently using an old flip phone that was mine purchased probably in 2006.
I read an article that Boost/Dish is asking for an extension because they did not know 3G would be cut off so soon. If allowed, the extension would extend through March 2022 instead of ending on Dec. 31, 2021.
Finally Boost is starting to send emails and postcards informing me that the phone will not work.

I already bought him a non-smart 4G flip phone moving from Boost to Tracfone. (He wanted a flip phone.)
His current Boost plan is $20 every 3 months. The money rolls over. I buy a Tracfone card good for 60 minutes for 90 days for $19.99 plus tax and fees.
When I finally got a website account, I was happy to discover that this phone came with triple minutes. So he has 180 minutes that roll over. He will never use his minutes. He only wants minutes not text and data so what I got for him, works for his needs.

I still have a very old VM phone and case. I will e-cycle this once the 3G network is off. When I got his new phone, we tried it in the old case and it fits! So we didn't have to spend money on a new case.

Don't forget that soon Boost is transitioning to T-Mobile's network. Make sure any new phones will work on their network. If you are unsure about that contact Boost.

plodr

Liz
No, Boost is NOT transferring to T-Mobile.

T-Mobile dropped Boost when they merged with Sprint. DISH owns Boost now.

linsjean

I finally got a new phone for free! I dropped Boost Mobile and went with Xfnity. Same monthly rates, unlimited everything. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy 42a - 5G.
I think I am finally done setting it up. I had to learn to navigate it. I have about 30 apps so I had to sign into all of them again. But I do like the features on this one. 128GB internal storage. Says long battery life, but it sure takes a long time to charge, however I was using it constantly today. I don't like to change the settings to Battery saver because some apps won't work right.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Great! I hope you'll be happy with your choices! Enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online