1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is my motherboard at fault here?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jayman2889, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jayman2889

jayman2889 Thread Starter

Some time ago (few weeks ago) my wireless connection adapter just started to stop. Connections died and giant x over the WiFi symbol in the taskbar. Device manager (if i disabled and tried to enable again) "This device cannot start," or "Too many resources, try disabling another..." So I bought a new wireless adapter as I figured my old one was dying (and it was unsupported for windows 7), but the problem still persists. I tried to reinstall Windows but now I get I/O errors when trying to boot from DVD. I don't know whats triggering it to disconnect/fail and I don't know why I have an I/O error now.

Today I've ran multiple malware/antivirus scans and nothing has come up. I've looked at the event logs and I see an "atapi" error referring to "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2." I have even removed the data SATA cable from the drive and I'm still seeing this error.

Here are my computer specs:

Windows 7
    CPU: i7-2700k
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    HDD: Seagate 250GB
    DVD: Believe its just a simple ASUS 24x

Please I'm out of ideas, and I've even sent ASRock an email asking if they knew anything, and all I got was an email with RMA information.

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

3. jayman2889

I changed the sata port the seagate was in and booted up (surprisingly faster and with no freezes/hangs while loading into windows). Downloaded Crystal Disk and shows both drives in good health. How can I check what Ideport2 is referring to (no IDE ports on this motherboard, just sata's).

4. sonexpc

sonexpc

In the BIOS their has a Area for SATA MODE ... Option should be IDE / AHCI / RAID

Mostly should set to AHCI for Window 7 Installation....

So if you chnage the port and the problem is gone.... I don't know wheather is the Port Error on the MB unless you can put some drive on the same prot to test...

If the port have problem ... don't know you want to RMA the board..

5. jayman2889

I tried changing it to AHCI mode and it just BSOD (couldnt see the error). But now I'm leaning towards that its this event that keeps happening in the event logs. Event 8033: Browser error has forced an election on network \device\NetBT_Tcpip_{9226F5-9EAA-48E0-B47C-94B2EE8103F6} because a master browser has stopped.

Also along with this is event 7042. Netbios helper and another 7042 error, computer browser service was successfully sent a stop control. Everytime the wireless has died these have come up. I've looked and tried changing the computer browser service set to automatic , but no luck it seems...

6. sonexpc

sonexpc

You should use AHCI while you setup the winodw 7 .... if you already setup in IDE mode and change to AHCI mode later ... you cannot enter Window 7 because the driver is different... there has way to solve this issue .but not related to this post..

Try to disable the onboard LAN and unstall all XFast LAN Software ... ( if you only use wireless)

7. jayman2889

I re-installed windows last night, so I haven't installed the LAN drivers / Xfast LAN , only the wireless adapter.

8. jakeferren

jakeferren

Reset the cmos and try booting it again with the bare minimum, cpu, ram. Good luck.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice