Is my RAM running properly?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

UPSer

As stated in another forum, I may be having issues with my RAM. Can someone clear this up for me?

Second, you said that you added memory into your system up to 768MB, well surprisingly this could be the cause, I mean are you 100% sure that both your memory modules are compatible with the motherboard? O even worse, are compatible between themselves? Maybe they are not working on the same timings, they could be compromising system overall stability, well, you get the picture.
My computer takes PC2700, I MAY have added pc3200...

PC3200 runs just fine in a system that supports up to PC2700. The memory will simply run at whatever slower speed the board supports.

Create a FREE Memtest86 boot CD.

Download for free here (or buy CD premade):
http://www.memtest86.com/

Download the ISO ... and use your CD burning software like NEro to burn this 'bootable' image to CD.

Make sure your PCs BIOS is configured to boot from CD 1st.
Insert the memtest86 CD .. reboot PC.

the test will launch from CD and scan your RAM for intense tests.
This can take a long time .. the longer you run it, the more intensive the test.
If any errors list (in red), you got faulty RAM.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online