1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is my recorded VIDEO protected?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolaid, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

i recorded a video using my TV TUNER CARD, the video is in mepg format, now i want to upload it to a site to share it with my classmate, and of course, let them download it as well.

however, i'm worried that they might not be able to see it on THEIR computer, since i remember music i rip from my cd cannot be play on any other computers besides my own, will the same apply for this video? which i legally and rightfully recorded with my very own tv tuner card? can my classmates see it on their pc if i give the video to them?

i use windows media player 9, and i my internet connection is active, i have a good pc with a sino tv tuner card, hope this info helps.

thanks a million for the help.

2. zeddy

zeddy

mpeg video should be copy protected obviously if you have coped protected content that is illegal

3. coolaid

coolaid Thread Starter

i recorded it using my tv tuner card, didn't you read my post? i can't believe everyone is accusing me of downloading an mepg video, what on earth?!

i understand that it's copyrighted, but i only want to know if wmp9 copy protected it, if it did, then i'll use the license backup feature in wmp, which i could because the mepg is recorded by me and not downlaoded, like all my cd music.

so if you're going to accuse me, then go somewhere else, i'm sick and tired of ppl like you accusing me without proof, i didn't ask if it's legal for me to illegally download a mepg and share, i only ask if an mepg i recorded with my tuner card can be played on my classmate's computer, i didn't say i wnat to crack it or bypass it should it have any protection, and you're already accusing me.

if you don't want to help, that's fine, but don't **** around with me

4. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

We don't always understand what is posted clearly so just have another coolaid and relax.

Video you record is copyrighted to yourself at first publication in Canada as far as I know unless rights have been sold to another.
    Protection of the kind provided on commercial recordings to prevent copying is not done by computers that have no propietary software to do so.

Just send it to your friend.

5. zeddy

zeddy

Lose the attitude, your post said you recorded a video on your tuner, it did not say from what source, obviously if it was recorded from a camcorder or suchlike its not an issue. YOU stated "I understand its copyrighted" We can only reply to the information that is given and as a member since 2003 I resent your response...............a simple clarification would have been helpful.:mad:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/513689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice