1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is my Router Dead or am I being Brain Dead?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dtrulez, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtrulez

dtrulez Thread Starter

Ok heres my issue. I have a wireless lan setup. I am using a Linksys router WRT54GL. This router was working fine for the longest then one night a power shortage hits, it comes back up and everything seems fine. But now my LAN game cannot play.

I had a heck of a time setting it up to play and finally had been using Hamachi so I could create a makeshift VPN and have my friend play with me over the net.

So my setup was like this 2 PCs behind a router played with 1 PC on the internet. One of the 2 PCs behind the router would ALWAYS host.

Hamachi worked perfectly and everything would work so long as the firewalls were down.

Then that outage happened and I could no longer play. My problem is, I cant even play locally so now I know something is up with my router. At least I think something is up.

I have tried everything: my LAN is working, I can share files and folders between the two PCs and ping them.

But as soon as I go to play the game. Neither computer sees the other persons' game.
    I am in utter AWE and shock cause I have tried everything I want to purchase a new router to see if thats the problem but I am not sure what to do.

My router allows me to go online, ping the each other and even share files. So I am really at a loss.

Does anyone know any program I could use to monitor ports and whats happening when the game starts?

Or maybe a networking consulting company in the NY/NJ area. Im really desperate at this point and wouldn't mind paying for this solution cause its frustrating. Its one of those problems where ya know you can fix it but when ya get into it, its sucks hours out of you.

2. tek guy

tek guy

If I were you I will try to reconfigure the router after you upgrade the firmware of your Linksys and try to play online again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/557099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice